Making the switch from eating out to cooking at home can be a painless and affordable endeavor. You can learn how to cook like a chef with recipes that are easy. In this post, we’re taking a look at some of the most valuable recipes that you can cook in your own kitchen. These dishes range from classic comfort food to impressive dishes that will impress any dinner party guests or satisfy your family at home.
Below are three cook like a chef recipes inspired by your favorite restaurants. They’re sure to impress – and be simple enough that you can make them in your home kitchen! From burgers to wings, these hot menu items were transformed into delicious homemade recipes. We’ll show you how to create a tasty meatloaf, chicken wings and even a steakhouse burger.
This post is every bit as delicious as it is useful. We hope our simple chef recipes will inspire you to make them yourself.
Baked Gourmet Burgers
The average price of a gourmet burger at a restaurant is $14. If you’re looking for a gourmet burger recipe that is easy to make at home, try this one out. These burgers can be baked in the oven, crockpot, or on a grill. This recipe will help you save money at the restaurant while still giving your family a delicious meal.
1/2 pound ground beef
A handful of fresh spinach leaves, chopped
Half an onion, diced
Breadcrumbs (about 1 cup)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper, to taste
1/4 cup cheese (or more if you love cheese)
10 hamburger buns (or more if you want leftovers)
1/2 cup ketchup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, spinach, egg, and breadcrumbs. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste. Once well-mixed (I used my hands to fold the ingredients together), form into 10 patties (about 1/4 cup each).
- Place burgers onto the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through.
Savory Meatloaf Recipe
This cook like a chef recipe is a simple one but it delivers flavor that will knock your socks off. Try adding in your favorite veggies to this meatloaf recipe for a healthy change of pace. Meatloaf has been a crowd please since the first time in the Great Depression. Its simplicity is a surefire crowd pleaser and will bring you many compliments at your next dinner party
1 pound of lean ground beef. This can include veal or pork, but if you do include the pork, don’t add any additional fat.
1/2 cup of chopped onions (about 1 medium sized onion)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (or panko breadcrumbs if you have them)
1/4 cup milk or half and half if you don’t have any milk on hand.
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced (optional)
Chopped fresh parsley or other herbs to garnish (optional) Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (adds a little extra flavor.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 × 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. If you’re adding herbs, add them now.
- Press the meat mix into the baking dish and shape it to cover the whole pan. If you’re making a smaller batch (about 4 servings), use a loaf pan or ramekins instead. This makes a nice meal for two people!
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the meatloaf is cooked through and set (you can test this with a meat thermometer). Allow meatloaf to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
If you’re keeping portions small, remember to cut the meatloaf into small pieces (about 2″ squares) so they’re easier to eat. Add side dishes such as mashed potatoes, broccoli, or my fave, mac and cheese.
Amazing Chicken Wing Recipe
A great way to cook like a chef and impress your dinner guests or the family at home is to make a casserole of chicken wings! This recipe uses a tray bake which makes it super easy to throw together and be ready to serve. It also gives you a whole lot of chicken wing goodness. It’s always a hit when I serve chicken wings to my husband and kids!
The only thing you need besides the wings is a sauce (ketchup, barbecue sauce, or honey mustard). This recipe covers about 6-8 wings depending on the size of the wings included.
4 pounds chicken wings and drummettes
1 cup of ketchup (or your sauce of choice)
1/2 cup honey BBQ sauce (optional, choose your favorite flavor)
1/4 cup of brown sugar (or use equal parts honey and sugar if you. Personally, I prefer honey and skip this part)
1 teaspoon of vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, foil, or parchment paper.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken pieces with a paper towel; set aside.
- Prepare the sauce you want to use. You can add in 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of vinegar if you want a sticky sauce to go with the wings (or you can skip this part entirely). I used my own homemade BBQ sauce so I didn’t add any sugar or vinegar.
- Place wings into a casserole dish or baking pan and cover them in your desired sauce. I usually pour the sauce over the wings, not under them.
- Bake chicken wings for about 30-45 minutes (or longer depending on how many you make). They’re done when they’re no longer pink and the juice runs clear. It’s a good idea to turn chicken pieces every 10-15 minutes so they cook evenly.
Serve with celery and bleu cheese (or ranch) dressing. It’s always a good idea to include a side salad to balance out all the yummy wings. Add some veggies for extra nutritional benefits.
More Cook Like a Chef Recipes
Kudos to you for wanting to cook like a chef by making these easy, affordable, and delicious meal! Now that you have these recipes under your belt, there’s no excuse for not eating what you cook.
If you’d like more secret chef recipes from your favorite restaurants check out this recipe book you’ll surely love. Plus check back often for more articles about food, wine, and lifestyle articles.